Privacy Statement and Data Protection
We are actively committed to protecting our visitors privacy to this and all websites managed by the MRC Protein Phosphorylation and Ubiquitylation Unit; in all circumstances; at all times.
- We do not collect personal information from visitors to our site unless the visitor explicitly, intentionally and willingly provides it.
- We will treat all information given to us in confidence and as required by the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We will never disclose any information supplied to anyone outwith the MRC Protein Phosphorylation and Ubiquitylation Unit.
- We will use the information supplied only for the purpose(s) and intention(s) for which it was given.
- We will securely retain any information given for the minimum time period in which we can reasonably facilitate the function(s) for which that information was supplied to us.
- After the minimum time period in which we can facilitate the function(s) for which any given information is supplied to us, we will destroy any & all information we hold or get in touch with the provider of that information asking if they wish us to continue to retain that information to allow us to continue to facilitate the function(s) for which that information was supplied to us.
Data Protection Act 1998
The MRC Protein Phosphorylation and Ubiquitylation Unit complies with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The MRC Protein Phosphorylation and Ubiquitylation Unit fully endorses and adheres to the eight principles of the Data Protection Act. These principles specify the legal conditions that must be satisfied in relation to obtaining, handling, processing, transportation and storage of personal data.
The principles require that personal data shall:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met
- Be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes
- Be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose
- Be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights
- Be kept secure from unauthorised or unlawful processing and protected against accidental loss, destruction or damage by using the appropriate technical and organisational measures
- And not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.