Date: January 1998 - Febuary 2001
Last known position: Scientific Instructor University of Dubai
Publications Generated While in the Lab:
1. Williams, M.R., Arthur, J.S.C., Balendran, A., Van der kaay, J., Poli, V., Cohen, P. and Alessi, D.R. (2000). The role of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 in activating AGC kinases defined in embryonic stem cells. Curr. Biol. 10, 439-448.
2. Balendran, A., Hare, G.R., Kieloch, A., Williams, M.R. and Alessi, D.R. (2000) Further evidence that 3-phosphoinositide dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) is required for the stability and phosphorylation of Protein Kinase C (PKC) isoforms. FEBS Lett. 484, 217-223.
3. Sapkota, G.P., Kieloch, A., Lizcano, J.M., Lain, S. Arthur, J.S.C., Williams, M.R., Morrice, N., Deak, M. and Alessi, D.R. (2001) Phosphorylation of the protein kinase mutated in Peutz-Jeghers cancer syndrome, LKB1/STK11, at Ser431 by p90RSK and PKA but not its farnesylation at Cys433 are essential for LKB1 to suppress cell growth. J. Biol. Chem. 276, 19469-19482.
4. Wang, X., Li, W., Williams, M., Terada, N., Alessi, D.R. and Proud, C.G. (2001). Regulation of elongation factor 2 kinase by p90(RSK1) and p70 S6 kinase. EMBO J. 20:4370-4379.
5. Rena, G., Woods, Y.L., Prescott, A.R., Peggie, M., Unterman, T.G., Williams, M.R. and Cohen, P. (2002) Two novel phosphorylation sites on FKHR that are critical for its nuclear exclusion. EMBO J. 21(9), 2263-2271.
6. Lawlor, M.A., Mora, A., Ashby, P.R., Williams, M.R., Murray-Tait, V., Prescott, A.R., Lucocq, J.M. and Alessi, D.R. (2002) Essentional role of PDK2 in regulating cell size and development in ice. EMBO J 21 , 3728-3738.