Date: October 1998 - December 2001
Current Position: Principal Scientist, BioFocus DPI, Chesterford Research Park, Saffron Walden, Essex, United Kingdom
Publications Generated While in the Lab:
1. Dowler, S., Currie, R. A., Downes, C. P. and Alessi, D. R. (1999) DAPP1: a dual adaptor for phosphotyrosine and 3-phosphoinositides. Biochem J 342, 7-12.
2. Dowler, S., Montalvo, L., Cantrell, D., Morrice, N. and Alessi, D. R. (2000) Phosphoinositide 3-kinase-dependent phosphorylation of the dual adaptor for phosphotyrosine and 3-phosphoinositides by the Src family of tyrosine kinase. Biochem J 349, 605-610.
3. Dowler, S., Currie, R. A., Campbell, D. G., Deak, M., Kular, G., Downes, C. P. and Alessi, D. R. (2000) Identification of pleckstrin-homology-domain-containing proteins with novel phosphoinositide-binding specificities. Biochem J 351, 19-31.
4. Thomas, C. C., Dowler, S., Deak, M., Alessi, D. R. and Van Aalten, D. M. (2001) Crystal structure of the phosphatidylinositol 3,4-bisphosphate-binding pleckstrin homology (PH) domain of tandem PH-domain-containing protein 1 (TAPP1): molecular basis of lipid specificity. Biochem J 358, 287-94.
5. Dowler, S., Kular, G. and Alessi, D.R. (2002) Protein lipid overlay assay. Sci STKE. (129):PL6.
6. Dormann, D., Weijer, G., Dowler, S., Weijer, C,J. (2004) In vivo analysis of 3-phosphoinositide dynamics during Dictyostelium phagocytosis and chemotaxis. J Cell Sci. 117:6497-509